Inside/Door side Delivery
- Regular price
- Price: $95.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Price: $95.00 USD
- Unit price
Free Shipping to most of the lower 48 States:
It is our aim to ship product for free, however, we have to add a surcharge to some demographic locations to make a sale viable. We are constantly working with our shipping partners to get better rates so that can work to get all areas on free shipping, in the meantime, please understand we are doing our very best.
Items shipping to AK and HI will usually incur additional freight charges. We will contact you via phone or email for approval prior to processing the order. You may also contact us for a freight quote prior to placing your order.
Should you have any questions at all regarding your order, shipping charges, or the delivery process, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How We Ship Your Order: Orders for smaller items will be shipped using UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Larger items such as home gyms, treadmills, weight sets etc. will be shipped via trucking companies. Orders arriving by truck are delivered CURBSIDE ONLY. You will need to be present in order to receive and sign for the delivery and to assist with unloading the equipment. If you have any special delivery requests or instructions such as a request for inside delivery, please contact us ahead of time so that we can make the proper arrangements or order our inside delivery here.
REMINDER - This is CURBSIDE DELIVERY ONLY (Inside delivery is available at an extra cost).
Receiving Your Order: Prior to accepting any deliveries please examine the cartons for any sign of visible damage. Also be sure that you count the number of cartons you receive and that it matches the shipping documents that you sign. Please be sure to have the driver note any damage or shortages on the delivery receipt before you sign for the items. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note our terms and conditions about missing items from your shipment.
- IMPORTANT! If a product arrives damaged that shipped via freight carrier, the customer must note the damages on the delivery receipt prior to signing for the delivery. Signing for deliveries without making damage notations means the product arrived in good and acceptable condition. Failure to note damages upon delivery may result in a denied claim by the freight company.
- IMPORTANT! If items are clearly damaged upon arrival, please refuse shipment. Customer will not be charged extra for refusing damaged freight.
- IMPORTANT! Before signing for delivery, ensure the shipment box count matches the box count on the delivery receipt. If there are any shortages, the customer must note shortages before signing for delivery.
- Damages must be reported to Gym Gear Direct within 3 days of receiving your product, so we are able to file a claim on the customer's behalf.
- Gym Gear Direct contracts third party freight companies for freight deliveries. These third party companies do not directly represent Gym Gear Direct in any manner. Gym Gear Direct has no control over third party freight company policies or actions and in order for Gym Gear Direct to fully protect the interest of our customers, the guidelines above most be strictly followed.
Tips for making your delivery trouble free:
- Inspect the shipment to make sure that the number of pieces indicated on the receiving paperwork match up with what you are actually receiving.
- Please inspect for any visual signs of damage and have this notated on your delivery receipt prior to signing.
- Please note any discrepancies or other issues on the delivery receipt.
Refusing Delivery: If you refuse or cancel the delivery after your order has been processed and shipped, you will be liable for all shipping costs.
Unable to Deliver: If we are unable to deliver your order because you are not contactable to arrange a delivery schedule after your order has been processed and shipped, you will be liable for all shipping costs plus a 10% restocking fee.
Missed Appointment Delivery : Your delivery appointment is a firm agreement and you need to ensure someone is available at the time agreed for the delivery. Charges for missing an agreed appointment are a minimum of $125 and are charged $18 per 100 pounds . Gym Gear Direct is not responsible for delivery fees charged by the carrier.
Sales Tax:Sales tax will be added to all orders shipped within the state of VA.
Inside/Door side Delivery to residences.
When you would like additional assistance in bringing your freight from the curb, up close to the house or inside the garage, we can offer this service at an additional cost in circumstances when, in our judgement, we think the carrier will agree to provide it. If you would like to receive this service, please feel free to add it to your cart, and a GymGearDirect representative will contact you to discuss the particulars of your location to determine if the service can be provided. If we determine the carrier will not provide it, we will refund the cost of this service.
PLEASE READ: Inside Delivery refers only to the garage, and only where the garage is accessible to the driver rolling up to thousands of pounds of freight on a forklift over a relatively flat surface to reach the garage. All other applications of this service would be Door side.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: When freight is delivered to a residential address, inside delivery involves the carrier moving the pallet to the residence end of the driveway, porch, or *inside* the garage. Drivers will not take freight inside the living areas of a home, or pass through any other door.
It is important to note that many or most carriers have policies prohibiting drivers from even attempting in-home delivery (or pick-up). This policy is to avoid complaints that the driver tracked in mud, damaged walls or doors, and the like. Additionally, there are potential freight liability issues if an accident or injury occurs inside.
When carriers are willing to deliver 'inside' please bear in mind these restrictions:
- The opening must be wide enough to accommodate the pallet width (40" or 48")
- If your delivery is to a garage, the driveway must be relatively flat and/or not too much of an incline, e.g., such that it would cause the merchandise to fall or become unstable. And it can't have a significant threshold of any kind from the driveway into the garage. In other words, the transition from driveway to garage must be free enough of thresholds so that a pallet jack can roll smoothly into the garage without obstruction.
Final note: It is in each party’s best interest that the freight simply is delivered to the garage from a flat driveway, or a convenient outdoor location (also by way of flat surfaces) beside the house that does not involve steps or stairs, as delivery personnel will refuse to climb stairs with heavy freight.
Planning for this is imperative when your freight is delivered to a residence, or you could potentially face delays or have to make redelivery. If you can not meet these restrictions, which are imposed on us by carriers, we recommend you do not choose this extra service, and instead purchase the normal curbside freight delivery, which more than 95% of our customers use.